- Want to find a new way to get motivated and fit?
- Want to try something new and meet new people?
- Ever wondered what it’s like to glide down a river… at night… backwards?
RRC has a strong background in teaching people to row and runs a few Learn To Row programs every the year. Schedules are based on participant interest, so if you would like to express your interest in our next course, or find out more, please email our Learn to Row Co-ordinator. Our next course is currently scheduled for June 2017. We’ll contact you closer to the time about dates and essential information for the Learn to Row program.
Four sessions, each lasting approximately 120 minutes will equip you with enough rowing basics for you to join a social or competitive beginner crew.
During the sessions you will:
- Master the basic rowing stroke
- Learn to row in a crew of four, with a dedicated coach/coxswain for each boat
- Learn the difference between bow side, bow of boat and bow pair, and many other rowing terms
- Participation in the mandatory ‘swim test’
The courses will be held on Sunday afternoons between 12 noon & 2 pm. Make sure you turn up by 11:45am to ensure a prompt start. NB. Week one may take a little longer as it includes safety and off water demonstrations.
$150 inclusive of all equipment and coaching.
For more information on memberships, refer to the Memberships page.
What do I need to bring?
- Sandals or thongs that you don’t mind getting wet – Most Important!!
- Close fitting workout clothes that do not restrict your movement.
- Water bottle
- Spare socks
- Sneakers or running shoes for using the rowing machine.
What next? The Development Squad (DS)
At Learn to Row you will have made new friends and developed a lasting enjoyment of rowing – you may even decide that you’d like to continue rowing and join our club. So what’s next?
You will be invited to join the club as a member of the Development Squad (DS). The Development Squad training program continues where the Learn to Row course leaves off. Unlike many other clubs, this program is included in membership fees, and is specifically tailored to those that have learned the basics of rowing, and want to improve their technique.