As you know, RRC now has a limited liquor licence, which allows us to open our recently refurbished bar and sell alcoholic beverages. This allow us to enhance the social aspect of club activities and add an avenue for fundraising as well.
Importantly, events where the bar is open must be conducted in a manner consistent with liquor licensing legislation. As a result, the Committee has recently adopted 2 club policies to ensure we comply with our licence and maintain a responsible and safe environment. These policies can be found on the club website:
RRC Alcohol Management Policy
RRC Safe Transport Policy
Here are some brief points:
- Alcohol will only be served at club organised events, approved by the Committee. Our licencing hours for these events are as follows:
- Sunday & ANZAC Day(Sunday) – Between 12 noon and 11pm
- On any other day – Between 12 noon and 1am the following morning
- Members serving behind the bar must have their Responsible Service of Alcohol qualification. You are strongly encouraged as a club member to complete one of these courses. The more qualified members we have the more potential we have to open the bar and the less we rely on the same people to do all of the work. See below for more information.
- The licence is only valid in the upstairs area of the clubhouse including the deck (excluding the gym and changing rooms). Alcohol cannot be taken downstairs or outside of the clubhouse.
- BYO alcohol is not allowed on our premises at any time, whether the bar is open or not.
- Alcohol misuse can lead to risk taking, unsafe, unacceptable and/or illegal behaviour. As club members we will expect a responsible approach and use of good judgment when alcohol is available. Members will not compete, train, coach or officiate if affected by alcohol. Alcohol will not be served to persons aged under 18 years.
- We ask that all attendees at our functions plan their transport requirements to ensure they arrive home safely and prevent driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Non alcoholic beverages will also be served whenever the bar is open. Water will be provided free of charge.
- Members may bring guests to club functions where the bar is open. Guests must sign in to the club register with their name and address, and the name of the member they are with. The register will be kept in the bar.
The club has recently reached an agreement with Good Sports, to hold an RSA course at the club on 14th March from 6.30pm. We have 7 free spots at the course, available on a first in basis, hopefully we will be able to get more spots closer to the date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.